- I mentioned in a recent post that there were fewer apartments listed for sale than in recent times. That is the case for resales of existing apartments.
- There is a large potential increase in the number of inner city apartments, due to a large number of high rise apartments being developed.
- With spring, more apartment owners are likely to list their apartments for sale.
- Rents are down, vacancy rates are up.
- Sydney and Melbourne are or have boomed. Brisbane has not. It is still behind its peak 5 years ago.
- Future capital growth is uncertain, but apartments are currently selling at good prices due to lack of stock available and low interest rates.
- My prediction is that in 3 months time, prices will decrease slightly. So now may be a good time to sell, but an uncertain time to buy.
Saturday, August 30, 2014
When should I buy? When should I sell?
The Brisbane inner city apartment market is somewhat strange at present. Some points to note: