- the building may never start, and so the deposit is tied up for years
- the apartment may look different to what you expect, or have a worse view
- there could be development next door, impacting your view and the location
- the developer could onsell the development, and so you end up buying from someone other than who you signed with
- the apartment may be up to 5% smaller than set out in the marketing plans
- the quality may be different to what you expect.
So take extreme care building off the plan, as you may end up paying too much for something that you don't like or want.