One could conclude that:
- owners don't think it is a good time to sell
- owners believe that prices will rise soon, following on from the trends in Melbourne and Sydney
- owners are still underwater, and don't want to sell at a loss, and so are waiting for further price increases before selling
- interest rates are low, and so holding costs are low -- why sell a cash flow positive property?
- Brisbane is a good long term investment
- buyers believe that the Brisbane market will improve
- off the plan developments are overpriced, and so buyers are looking at existing apartments, which are better value