From the Brisbane Times:http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/articles/2008/05/08/1210131140302.html
- While Mr Matusik predicts prices will not increase by more than eight per cent this year, he believes the key ingredients for continued growth remain strong.
- "Some commentators are claiming that the residential property market has come to a 'screaming halt', but there still remains some price growth."
- "In the short-term buyers are keeping their power dry following the interest rate rises over the last six months... but out recent survey work shows investors are starting to stir."
- With rents climbing at double-digit rates, Mr Matusik believes investors will return to the market during the course of the year.
- He predicts property prices in Brisbane will grow by 25 per cent in the next three years if interest rates remain steady and economic conditions improve.