Extracts from the Brisbane Times:
- Construction will begin later this year on a 65-storey residential, commercial and hotel high-rise on Elizabeth Street that is set to dominate Brisbane's skyline.
- The tower will comprise 306 luxury hotel suites, 98 two and three-bedroom apartments and six penthouses.
- A recreational area will be located on level 30 of the building and feature a luxury day spa, 20m indoor swimming pool, sauna and gym.
- Metacap director James Chopard said permanent residents would have access to services like gourmet chef-prepared room service, housekeeping, a concierge and valet parking.
- Designed by architecture firm Cottee Parker, the soaring green skyscraper will dwarf neighbouring buildings and sit across from the car park entrance to the Myer Centre.
- Colliers International has been appointed as marketing agents for the development and two-bedroom apartments will be priced from $1.3 million.
- Construction is expected to start at the end of the year and completion is scheduled for 2012.