- Most of the apartments sold in inner-Brisbane in the past year have been one bedroom apartments.
- Thus, the medium price will be lower, because the kind of apartments selling are the smaller, cheaper apartments.
- However, many apartments are being sold below the previous sale price for that same apartment.
- In a number of buildings, the prices being achieved for apartments are equivalent to prices in 2007.
- Two bedroom apartments above $600,000 are not selling. If they do sell, the contract often crashes.
- In some quality buildings, prices have not deceased, but there have been few sales.
- Vendors are discounting if they need to sell.
- Rents are increasing, but so are body corporate fees.
- Apartments being sold off-the-plan are being sold at prices that well exceed the price of similar existing apartments.
A sample of sales from a Ray White report is set out below. (Double click on image to see larger version.)