- Sunland remains cautious as buyer activity plateaus and uncertainty about the economy prevails.
- Consumers have adjusted their price points and are more cautious and conservative.
- Sunland is not building any Gold Coast high rise, and plans for a residential tower in Labrador have been shelved due to 1200 new units languishing on the market.
- The Carrington apartment project on Alice Street in Brisbane is well timed, with little competition for upmarket owner occupier-style CBD projects due for completion in 2012-13.
- Affordability has been a key issue. Discounts of 20 and 30 percent have been offered to secure transactions.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
A headline in the AFR today: "Sunland cautious about year ahead." The story has the following information: