- Best performing capital city: Sydney +4.1 per cent
- Weakest performing capital city: Canberra, -1.3 per cent
- Highest rental yields: Darwin houses with gross rental yield of 6.0 per cent and Darwin Units at 6.2 per cent
- Lowest rental yields: Melbourne houses with gross rental yield of 3.4 per cent and Melbourne units at 4.2 per cent
- Most expensive city: Sydney with a median dwelling price of $655,250
- Most affordable city: Hobart with a median dwelling price of $330,000
Brisbane – house values have increased by 5.3 per cent over 2013 compared to a 3.5 per cent increase in unit values. Value growth has only slightly outpaced rental growth however it has resulted in gross house yields falling from 4.7 per cent a year ago to 4.6 per cent currently and unit yields easing from 5.6 per cent to 5.5 per cent.